Our programme is an exciting mix of new writing, lost gems, re-polished classics and innovatively staged musicals. We love BIG ideas and collaborate with every company to present incredible, inspiring, and innovative theatre.
- Minimum guarantees against box office splits post-production with no hire charges.
- Range of run lengths from 1 night to 4 weeks.
- Black box space with adaptable seating.
- Reduced price rehearsal space.
- In-house Technician for your Get In
- Trained Front of House staff
- Marketing support
- Budget planning and fundraising advice
- Press guidance
How to apply
Please ensure you include the following information: –
- Script (or outline treatment if a devised piece). Ideally as a PDF attachment
- Preferred dates and length of run
- Details of the company and any creative team or actors on board
- Any reviews or images of previous runs elsewhere e.g. in Edinburgh etc
Main Show Programme
Our Main Show programme is for full-scale productions of 3 or 4 weeks runs at 7/7:30pm.
Send your submission email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow up to 3 weeks for us to read the script/proposal and respond on whether we think the project suitable. We are not able to provide feedback on submissions other than whether it is suitable for our programming.
Late Show Programme
Our Late Show programme is for new ideas and/or small-scale productions ranging from 1 night to 3 week runs at 9pm.
Send your submission email to email@example.com Please allow up to 3 weeks for us to read the script/proposal and respond on whether we think the project suitable. We are not able to provide feedback on submissions other than whether it is suitable for our programming.
Seeing Your Work
If you wish to invite us to see your work to be considered for our programming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the event and, where possible, a copy of the script and any company information.
We are also interested in hearing from companies who wish to use the space for rehearsed readings. Please email your request to email@example.com with your dates preference and any requests. Please bear in mind that evenings are not usually available as we have performances playing.
If you wish to book the basement for a live music gig please note that this space is not managed by The Hope Theatre. Please direct your email to book@firstname.lastname@example.org
The space seats 50 and is entirely flexible, meaning that any configuration is possible except proscenium configuration. We enjoy work that uses and celebrates the space to its best advantage. The space measures 7 x 5.5 metres and the height to rig is 3.5 metres. Please find our Tech Spec and Rig Plan below.
For any questions please contact Dan Johnson, Technical Manager, by email: email@example.com